perjantai 6. toukokuuta 2016

circle of memories

Each day I find something new in myself. Everyday is a new experience. I go around the same circle, yet it is different day in day out. Sometimes I do not like the man I am; yet I cannot escape myself. Forever trapped within. Trying to cope with it all. Not knowing where to go, yet remembering where have I come from.

I fall asleep as I lay on the couch. A distant memory strikes me between sleep and awake. A bar in the center of the city. Too much to drink. A long-gone crush sits next to me. Knowing that I have already lost the battle, I look into her eyes and say: "You should not be so depressed. Did you not know that who seeks shall find?" She does not believe in me. She looks back at me as if I am the stupidest person on earth, replying: "What a load of crap." I take another drink and drown my sorrow, looking into the dark night that lays wide open outside, offering limitless of possibilities. Telling me what to do..

I am not a religious person. Yet I am fascinated by the ideology that has shaped our culture for two thousand years.

...later I find myself deciphering what I tried to mean, but it just won't...

A faint cry wakes me up from my brief sleep. Quickly I change my thoughts. A transformation from the past to the future. Haunted by memories. Dying to make new ones that actually matter.

I have searched; have I found?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti