"When I am at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape"
Nobody will read this. No one has any reason to. Yet I`m writing this anyway. I`m nobody. I`m somebody. I`m someone who passes you by on the street in the morning. I watch the people in the safety of the darkness of the morning, while they are half asleep going to work. Just as I am. Many thing differs me from everybody else. One thing is clear, though. I have finally realized the mistakes I`ve made in the past, and at where they have led me. The future opens itself clear to me. For the first time in my miserable life I know what I am doing. There are not that many days left for me anymore. During my last days I have decided to put my thoughts on writing so there`ll be something to remember me by when I`m gone. I`m alone now, and I will be alone when I leave. Nobody will notice my leaving, just as nobody notices my existance at the moment. Loneliness have always been my only friend and it will be it till the end. I have never wanted to make a big scene of myself. So these writings will be the only theatrical thing I`ll do now or ever. Writing is one of the rare things I have enjoyed. So in writing I will express my last days. I can`t really give any reasons for it. Maybe it`s like Camus put it: "one could not die without having confessed all one`s lies." And since I don`t have anyone to confess to, may it be you my transcendental reader.
Night is falling. I look at the walls of my apartment. They are as they`ve always been but something`s different. It`s maybe in the way I look at them. The end is the beginning. I see the dark sky from my huge window through which I have gazed the world during the last couple of years. I see my furniture. They can`t create a home for me. Home. I never found you. I didn`t find myself till it was too late. The fact that I exist or my thoughts of it do not give me any purpose to keep looking. A flash between what has been and what is yet to come. Moment between the "not anymore" and "later". Anxiety. The night embraces me. Those who come out at night are awaking. The city awaits. It`s hard to believe I have finally opened the last door. I sit at my computer. Nothing or no one will miss me, and I will miss othing or no one. I walk on the path of the days to come. Alone as ever. At the graveyard of my lost dreams.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti